[Numpy-discussion] Any Numeric or numarray users on this list?

Jens Jørgen Mortensen jensj at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue May 30 23:15:01 EDT 2006

We use Numeric for our "Atomic Simulation Environment" and for a Density
Functional Theory code:

http://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/ASE
http://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/gridcode

> 1) Have you transitioned or started to transition to NumPy (i.e. import
> numpy)?

No.

> 2) Will you transition within the next 6 months? (if you answered No to
> #1)

Yes.  Only problem is that ASE relies on Konrad Hinsen's
Scientific.IO.NetCDF module which is still a Numeric thing.  I saw
recently that this module has been converted to numpy and put in
SciPy/sandbox.  What is the future of this module?

> 4) Please provide any suggestions for improving NumPy.

Can't think of anything!

Jens Jørgen Mortensen