dgesdd error

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Wed Nov 1 23:41:34 EST 2006

Apparently some dgesdd libraries don't actually compute the correct
value for the work-space size if requested.

This results in an ** ILLEGAL value and program termination from LAPACK.

I've added code in the latest SVN to that particular wrapper to make
sure the query gives back the minimums at least, but I'd like to see who
else has the problem.

On my system, doing numpy.linalg.svd on a 25 x 50 array pulled the trigger.

Anybody else have that problem with their lapack library?

-Travis