[ANN[ pysamplerate, a library to do high quality samplerate convertion

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Nov 2 02:12:00 EST 2006

(if those announcements are not welcome on the lists, please tell me)

Hi there,

    I've just developed a small package to wrap Source Rabbit Code from
Erik de Castro de Lopo, which is a library to do high quality samplerate
conversion (http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/). You can download it here:

http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/softwares/pysamplerate/pysamplerate-0.1.tar.gz

http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/softwares/pysamplerate/pysamplerate-0.1.zip

    Example of error conversions:

http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/softwares/pysamplerate/example1.png

    Basically, you just import resample from pysamplerate, and
resample(sins, fr/fs) gives you a converted signal at sampling rate fr,
with fs the original sampling rate. You can also select the conversion
method (eg 'sinc_best', etc...). The pydocs + examples should be enough

    This package can be useful for people who deal with music signal
processing and co, when scipy.resample is not enough. Only float32 and
float64 input are supported for now, I will polish the package when I
will have some more time,

    cheers,

    David