Scholarly contribution of NumPy : request for review

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Mon Nov 6 17:14:16 EST 2006

I apologize for this bit of spam.

If there is anyone on this list (preferrably of Associate Professor or
similar rank) who can provide an honest assessment of the scholarly
contribution of NumPy and/or SciPy (and has not already done so)?

If you can do this and don't mind me quoting you to a tenure-review
committee, could you please email me your assessment by Friday morning
(Nov. 10).   Please include information about your position in the
mail.  I welcome all assessments (both positive and negative).

Thank you very much.

Travis Oliphant
Assistant Professor
Brigham Young University