Profiling Python codes with hotshot and KCachegrind

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 03:32:44 EST 2006

Hi all,

in the past, Arnd Baecker has made a number of very useful posts on
this matter, and provided some nice utilities to do it.  I now needed
to profile some fairly complex codes prior to a big optimization push,
so I went over his material and wrote a little tool to make the whole
process as painless as possible.  Here it is, hoping others may find
it useful:

http://amath.colorado.edu/faculty/fperez/python/profiling/

Cheers,