matrix multiplication (newbie question)

izak marais izakmarais at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 08:54:17 EST 2006

Hi

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but what is the easiest way to multiply matrices in numpy? Suppose I want to do A=B*C*D. The ' * ' operator apparently does element wise multiplication, as does the 'multiply' ufunc. All I could find was the numeric function 'matrix_multiply, but this only takes two arguments.

Thanks in advance!
Izak

Sponsored Link

Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr - MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Associate - Click now to apply