[OT] Why Python 'fits your brain'

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 00:51:09 EST 2006

Please forgive the not-specifically-numpy post. I'll keep it short.

Some of us often, when trying to explain to newcomers the benefits of
Python for scientific work, use expressions like the famous 'it fits
your brain'.  This is an attempt at conveying why it seems like such a
natural tool for expressing, concisely and without extraneous noise,
but simultaneously with ease, the nature of many algorithmic problems.

I think these four images

http://flickr.com/photos/nicksieger/281055485/
http://flickr.com/photos/nicksieger/281055530/
http://flickr.com/photos/nicksieger/280662707/
http://flickr.com/photos/nicksieger/280661836/

may provide a useful visual aid.  I certainly intend to use them (with
attribution) the next time I need to give a talk along those lines.

Regards,