accessing FORTRAN from Python

Hanno Klemm klemm at phys.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 14 16:52:37 EST 2006

Hi Christian,

I send this off-list as there are probably a lot more knowledgeable
people around there.

However, I don't entirely understand your problem (I'm not on the f2py
list).

What happens if you try:

C file hello.f
       subroutine foo(a)
       integer a
Cf2py intent(in) a
       print*, "Hello from  Fortran!"
       print*, "a=",a
       end

f2py -m -c hello hello.f

That usually did the trick for me. What are your error messages, if you
try the above?

Best regards,
Hanno