Defining custom types

Jonathan Wang jontwang at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 14:28:25 EST 2006

Hi all,

I've gotten to the point where Numpy recognizes the objects (represented as
doubles), but I haven't figured out how to register ufunc loops on the
custom type. It seems like Numpy should be able to check that the scalarkind
variable in the numpy type descriptor is set to float and use the float
ufuncs on the custom object. Barring that, does anyone know if the symbols
for the ufuncs are publicly accessible (and where they are) so that I can
register them with Numpy on the custom type?

As for sharing code, I've been working on this for a project at work. There
is a possibility that it will be released to the Numpy community, but that's
not clear yet.

Thanks,
Jonathan