[Numpy-discussion] Numpy without BLAS, LAPACK

vallis.35530053 at bloglines.com vallis.35530053 at bloglines.com
Wed Nov 22 11:44:07 EST 2006

(Reposting to numpy-discussion at scipy.org instead of the SourceForge list.)

It is my understanding that Numpy has "lite" versions of BLAS and LAPACK
that it will use if it cannot find system libraries. Is it possible to FORCE
it to use the lite versions rather than existing system libraries?

(Where
I come from: I'm trying to install numpy in a local directory on a Beowulf
cluster, which has local BLAS and LAPACK that the numpy setup finds; however,
these libraries are missing some functions, so "import numpy" fails at numpy.linalg.
The fact is that I don't need numpy.linalg at all, so I'd be very happy with
the lite libraries, rather than going to the trouble of recompiling BLAS and
LAPACK or ATLAS, etc.)

Michele