[Numpy-discussion] can int and float exists in one array?(about difference in indexing Matlab matrix and Numpy array)

Zhang Sam hollowspook at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 20:13:32 EST 2006

Thanks for so many replies.

In fact, I want to use several arrays to store the original data from a
practical project. In every arrays, two or three column will be store the
index. The main computation is still on matrices(float type) which is built
from the original data. When building the main matrix, I need the repeated
use of the index stored in the original data. So I hope both int and float
can exist in one array with numpy, just for the original data.

Before Python, I used matlab and fortran. In matlab, it is just I have said.
In fortran, a module can used for storing different data type. I used Python
just now, so I don't know which one in python is best for my case. What's
the suggestion?

Thans again

BTW: I will try' object' as array type today. I just know this type for my
first time.