[Numpy-discussion] ide for python/numpy/scipy/mpl development ?

Eric Emsellem emsellem at obs.univ-lyon1.fr
Fri Oct 6 10:31:04 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am looking for an IDE to develop python programs  and I am not sure
what to take.
The two critical items for me are 1/ a good debugger (simple and
efficient) 2/ something simple to manage the files.

I would also very much like to keep some basic things such as (if possible):
- editing with gvim
- running things with Ipython -pylab

So the question is: does such an IDE exists? I have looked through a
number of them, but they look either very complex or too simple.

Any advice here is very welcome!

thanks, and cheers

Eric