ide for python/numpy/scipy/mpl, development ?

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 04:20:25 EDT 2006

If you don't mind going commercial, then the WingIDE has been working
very well for me.
And it apparently has a VIM mode (and emacs).  I'm an emacs guy,
though, so I haven't tried out the VIM support.

Wing is based on GTK so the interface on Windows doesn't look so nice,
or act so much like a native Windows app (F10 pops up menus --
weird?), but it works well.  I tried a bunch of free IDEs first and
gave up out of frustration after a while, too.  Wing just worked for
me and worked quite well.  Documentation is pretty good too.
www.wingware.com.  Free trial so you can see if you like it first.

--bb