Casting

Cristian Codorean cristian.codorean at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 05:13:05 EDT 2006

Hello list,
  I got some old code that uses Scientific and Numeric. Recently, these two
packages were updated to the latest versions together with python and my
code started failing. The first major problem I have is when downcasting.
Code that used to work now fails because the array cannot be safely cast
anymore to the required type. If anyone could help me please and direct me
to some documentation about when this change happened (version), why it
happened, is there any other solution but using astype, can numpy help me in
anyway in this situation, because I got really lost ...

Thank you in advance,
Cristian