[SciPy-dev] NumPy/SciPy + MPI for Python

thamelry at binf.ku.dk thamelry at binf.ku.dk
Sat Oct 14 04:58:41 EDT 2006

On 10/13/06, Lisandro Dalcin <dalcinl at gmail.com> wrote:
> This post is surely OT, but I cannot imagine a better place to contact
> people about this subject. Please, don't blame me.
>
> Any people here interested in NumPy/SciPy + MPI?

I've been working on a Dynamic Bayesian Network (DBN) toolkit for some time
(called Mocapy, freely available from sourceforge https://sourceforge.net/projects/mocapy/). The thing is almost entirely implemented in Python, and currently uses Numeric and pyMPI. I routinely train DBNs from 100.000s of observations on our 240 CPU cluster.

I'm in the proces of porting Mocapy to numpy. I assume pyMPI will also work with numpy, but I haven't tried it out yet. Would be great if scipy came with default MPI support, especially since pyMPI does not seem to be actively developed anymore.

Cheers,

-Thomas

----
Thomas Hamelryck, Post-doctoral researcher
Bioinformatics center
Institute of Molecular Biology and Physiology
University of Copenhagen
Universitetsparken 15 - Bygning 10
DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø
Denmark