Question about boolean types comparisons

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Wed Oct 18 08:04:40 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've seen that bool type in numpy seems to work more consistently than
its python counterpart:

In [28]:True+True
Out[28]:2
In [29]:numpy.bool_(True)+numpy.bool_(True)
Out[29]:True

Good! but...

In [30]:True > False
Out[30]:True
In [31]:numpy.bool_(True) > numpy.bool_(False)
Out[31]:True

Perhaps raising an error saying something like "boolean types cannot be
compared" would be nice. Not too important, but worth to notice, IMO.

--
>0,0<   Francesc Altet    |  Be careful about using the following code --
V   V   Carabos Coop. V.  |  I've only proven that it works,
 "-"    Enjoy Data        |  I haven't tested it. -- Donald Knuth