The NumPy Fortran-ordering quiz

George Nurser gnurser at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 18 17:05:19 EDT 2006

> > None of the LaPack stuff seems to use the Fortran stuff, they just
> > transpose and copy.

You've got me worried here. I have assumed that when you start with a
c-contiguous array, a, with say,a.shape = (m,n), if you use the
transpose as an argument to a fortran routine which requires an mxn
size array, then no copying is required.

This seems to work for me -- the transpose *does* have fortran order.
Also, in f2py, if I use -DF2PY_REPORT_ON_ARRAY_COPY=1 I receive no
alert of any copy.

 Apologies if these are simply confused ravings.

George Nurser.