some work on arpack

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 19:36:21 EDT 2006

Here's something I've been wondering: is it ok to port Matlab
functions over to python?  If so, then it's maybe an afternoon's work
to get eigs working, given eigs.m and python Arpack wrappers.

I'm 99% sure it would *not* be kosher to copy-paste their code
directly, but it's not a copy paste job because of the differences
between Python and .m.  So it seems a grayer area to me.

--bb