Strange numpy.argmax behavior on object arrays in numpy 1.0.

Tom Denniston tom.denniston at alum.dartmouth.org
Sun Oct 29 20:10:05 EST 2006

Oh.  My mistake. I thought I had an array of 2 objects which were ints.  I
actually had an array of one list of 2 ints.  It works properly if I
construct the array properly.

In [14]: a = numpy.empty((2), dtype=object)

In [15]: a[0:]=[2,3]

In [16]: a
Out[16]: array([2, 3], dtype=object)

In [17]: a.shape