Need more comments from scientific community on python-dev

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue Oct 31 07:57:37 EST 2006

I'm recruiting more comments on python-dev regarding my two proposals
for improving Python's native ability to share ndarray-like information.

There is a dearth of scientific-computing and number-crunching-aware
people on python-dev.  The result is that I sound like a lone voice
arguing for something that nobody cares about.  When, I don't think that
is true.  Please, please.  If you want Python to grow support for the
array interface (or something like it), then please speak up on
python-dev.

Even something as simple as I really see the need for a way to exchange
data-format information between two objects sharing the buffer protocol
can be helpful.

You can post through the gmane newsgroup interface:

gmane.comp.python.devel

Find any of the posts on the PEP's I've introduced.  Thanks for your help.

-Travis