[Numpy-discussion] Hello and my first patch

Greg Willden gregwillden at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 09:24:35 EDT 2006

On 10/4/06, Travis Oliphant <oliphant at ee.byu.edu> wrote:

> Not really, because these functions were in *both* Numeric and
> numarray.  That's the trouble.
>
> And the multiple scipy packages situation needs more discussion.... We
> are all ears...

Well I started here because I have been using the Matplotlib package and it
uses these compatibility functions.  So I wanted more window functions
available for calls to specgram.

This does bring up a frustration for users new to scipy/numpy/matplotlib.
In short, that there are three packages.  I know the historical reasons why
but I hope that the ultimate destination is a tight integration among these
packages.  I hope to help out toward that goal.

Thanks
Greg

--
Linux.  Because rebooting is for adding hardware.