Numpy with Py2exe module

David Douard david.douard at logilab.fr
Tue Oct 10 08:35:53 EDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 01:11:28PM +0200, Charles Hanot wrote:
> Hi,
Hi

> my question is the following one. Is it possible to use Numpy with
> py2exe in order to compile my program?

I am right now finishing a dev (GUI app un pyGtk) that uses numpy, and
it have to be released as a win32 app. I used to have problems packing
it using py2exe with enthough version of numpy. Now I use numpy 1.0RC1
and it works fine (I'm only using numpy, not scipy). I use mpl too, and
packaging it using py2exe is a little more problematic. One thing I had
to do is to set the "optimize" py2exe option to 0 (because mpl does
automatic docstring stuffs, and docstrings are removed when optimizing
is used).

Note that I am usiing the latest py2exe too.

David

> In fact I'm trying to compile a program using py2exe but the problem is
> that the numpy function cannot be loaded by py2exe. I've already seen on
> the web that other users have the same problem but I've never seen any
> answer. Could you tell me if there is something to do? Is there any
> solution?
>

> Thank you very much,
>

> Best Regards,
>

> Charles Hanot
>

> This e-mail communication contains information that is confidential and may also be privileged. It is intended for the exclusive use of the addressees. If you are not the person or organization to whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it. If you received this communication in error, please notify Septentrio nv immediately [ telephone +32 [0] 16 300800 ]. Septentrio nv will not accept liability for contractual commitments made by individuals employed by this company outside the scope of our business.

David Douard                             LOGILAB, Paris (France)
Formations Python, Zope, Plone, Debian : http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure :      http://www.logilab.fr/services
Informatique scientifique :              http://www.logilab.fr/science