suggestions for slices of matrices

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Tue Oct 10 09:23:17 EDT 2006

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Travis Oliphant apparently wrote:
> I'm sorry you see it that way.  I think indexing is a strength of
> numpy.  It's a little different then what you are used to
> with Matlab, perhaps, but it is much more general-purpose
> and capable

I am finding numpy indexing to be great, but it would be
helpful perhaps to new users to have a few of the examples
from this thread make it to the Cookbook
http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/BuildingArrays
Sorry, I cannot do that at the moment.  Maybe JJ would find
this a profitable exercise?

Cheers,
Alan Isaac