rcond in polyfit

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 14:35:53 EDT 2006

On 10/14/06, A. M. Archibald <peridot.faceted at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14/10/06, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

I don't get the impression that the warnings module is much tested; I
> had similar headaches.

Turns out to be a rather simple bug (feature?) in warnings, where it
shortcircuits the filters by doing a quick look in a registry , which I
assume means that the warning has been previously disabled. Commenting out
one line makes warnings behave as expected. I also note that clearing the
filter doesn't clear the warn once registry, which is probably some sort of
bug also waiting to happen. Looking at the warning code leaves me feeling
somewhat disappointed: few comments and little discussion of intended
behaviour.

Chuck