[Numpy-discussion] problems with numpy/f2py module on Intel Mac

listservs at mac.com listservs at mac.com
Fri Sep 8 11:31:01 EDT 2006

After building and installing numpy from svn on an Intel Mac, I can
successfully build f2py modules, but I get the following linking error:

ImportError: Failure linking new module: /Library/Frameworks/
Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PyMC/
flib.so: Symbol not found: ___dso_handle
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/
lib/python2.4/site-packages/PyMC/flib.so
   Expected in: dynamic lookup

I'm using gfortran. Has anyone seen these types of errors before? I
do not get them on PPC.

Thanks,
--
Christopher Fonnesbeck
+ Atlanta, GA
+ fonnesbeck at mac.com
+ Contact me on AOL IM using email address