[Numpy-discussion] 32/64-bit machines, integer arrays and python ints

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Thu Sep 28 20:12:00 EDT 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 12:03 PM, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> The other option is to improve your converter in setElements so
> that it
> can understand any of the array scalar integers and not just the
> default
> Python integer.

I think this may be the best approach.

This may be something worthwhile to put in the numpy.i interface
file: a set of typemaps that handle a set of basic conversions for
those array scalar types for which it makes sense.  I'll look into it.

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-5451      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0370    Email: wfspotz at sandia.gov **