[Numpy-discussion] Possible inconsisteny in enumerated type mapping

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Wed Sep 20 10:34:35 EDT 2006

A Dimecres 20 Setembre 2006 12:48, Travis Oliphant va escriure:
> Making sure you get the correct data-type is why there are NPY_INT32 and
> NPY_INT64 enumerated types.   You can't code using NPY_LONG and expect
> it will give you the same sizes when moving from 32-bit and 64-bit
> platforms.   That's a problem that has been fixed with the bitwidth
> types.  I don't understand why you are using the enumerated types at all
> in this circumstance.

Ooops. I didn't know that NPY_INT32 and NPY_INT64 were there. I think this
solves all my problems. In fact, you were proposing this from the very
beginning, but I was confused because I was hoping to find NPY_INT32 and
NPY_INT64 in NPY_TYPES enumerated and I didn't find it there. I didn't
realized that NPY_INT32 and NPY_INT64 were defined outside NPY_TYPES as
platform independent constants.

Blame on me. Sorry about any inconveniences and thanks once more for your
patience!

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"