[Numpy-discussion] question about standalone small software and teaching

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Wed Apr 4 17:44:33 EDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 04:36:19PM -0500, Robert Kern wrote:
> > As you can see, I'm very confused... if only there was a traits Python
> > egg...

> There are, but only binaries for win32 at the moment. Building from
> source on OS X should be straightforward, though.

How about linux eggs ? I had the feeling they had made a lot of progress.

Michele, indeed I would say that the weak point of traitsUI is the
packaging. It is a great module, but it lacks packaging. I personnaly
compile it from svn, but I know this is not an option for everybody.
People are working on this issue, and it is making progress, but
unfortunatly it seems to me that packaging things on OS X is a bit
challenge currently.

Regards,

Gaël