[Numpy-discussion] Problems building numpy and scipy on AIX

Christian Marquardt christian at marquardt.sc
Wed Apr 18 13:26:20 EDT 2007

Dear David,

the svn version of numpy does indeed build cleanly on AIX. Many thanks!

However, the wrapper problem still exists for the C++ compiler, and shows
up when compiling scipy. Now, I *assume* that SciPy is using the distutils
as installed by numpy. Do you know where the linker settings for the C++
compiler might be overwritten? There are two or three C compiler related
python modules in numpy/distutils... Or would you think that this problem
is entirely unrelated to the distutils in numpy?

Many thanks,

  Christian.