[Numpy-discussion] building with MKL in windows

Martin Spacek numpy at mspacek.mm.st
Fri Apr 20 20:38:52 EDT 2007

> Also, I found I had to remove the 2 lines in distutils/system_info.py
> that mention pthread, mkl_lapack32, mkl_lapack64 (see attached patch)
> since libraries with such names don't seem to exist in the MKL for
> windows and were generating linking errors.
>
> This obviously isn't the right thing to do, and I don't know enough to
> know how to do it properly

Here's a new patch that checks if sys.platform == 'win32' and does the
appropriate thing. MKL on linux behaviour should be unaffected, but I
don't have any way of testing that.

I've also included an improved .numpy-site.cfg file.

I've added a section on how to build with MKL and MSVC to
http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Windows

Cheers,

Martin