[Numpy-discussion] matlab vs. python question

Nadav Horesh nadavh at visionsense.com
Thu Apr 26 02:52:27 EDT 2007

Beside proper programing paradigm Python easily scales to large-scale number crunching: You can run large-matrices calculations with about 1/2 to 1/4 of memory consumption comparing to Matlab. It is not difficult to construct a program that run over several computers (independent  of the hardware and OS they have). If you are willing to invest a little time in software integration you'll have an access to powerful computing packages such as VTK, OpenCV, etc.

  Nadav.