[Numpy-discussion] fast putmask implementation

David M. Cooke cookedm at physics.mcmaster.ca
Thu Aug 16 23:07:19 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 04:39:02PM -1000, Eric Firing wrote:
> As far as I can see there is no way of using svn diff to deal with
> this automatically, so in the attached revision I have manually removed
> chunks resulting solely from whitespace.
>
> Is there a better way to handle this problem?  A better way to make diffs?
> Or any possibility of routinely cleaning the junk out of the svn source
> files?  (Yes, I know--what is junk to me probably results from what others
> consider good behavior of the editor.)

'svn diff -x -b' might work better (-b gets passed to diff, which makes
it ignore space changes). Or svn diff -x -w to ignore all whitespace.

Me, I hate trailing ws too (I've got Emacs set up so that gets
highlighted as red, which makes me angry :). The hard tabs in C code is
keeping with the style used in the C Python sources (Emacs even has a
'python' C style -- do "C-c . python").