[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-dev] NumPy 1.0.3.x and SciPy 0.5.2.x

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 20:51:11 EDT 2007

Hey,

On 8/15/07, Jarrod Millman <millman at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am hoping to release NumPy 1.0.3.1 and SciPy 0.5.2.1 this weekend.
> These releases will work with each other and get rid of the annoying
> deprecation warning about SciPyTest.

I just wanted to give you a public, huge thank you for tackling this
most thankless but important problem.  Many people at the just
finished SciPy'07 conference mentioned better deployment/installation
support as their main issue with scipy.  Our tools are maturing, but
we won't get very far if they don't actually get in the hands of
users.

Regards,