[Numpy-discussion] pyOpenGL with numpy support

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Fri Aug 24 05:22:53 EDT 2007

Hi,
The latest release notes of pyOpenGL (Feb 15, 2007) say that "Numarray
support [was] reenabled".
The current version is 3.0.0a6.

Does anyone here know the status of the new (ctypes based) pyOpenGL ?
How is the binding to ("modern") numpy ?

I'm especially interested in fast memory access.  So far I have to
SWIG my own call to
glVertexPointer to reduce the execution from about 160ms to a few ms.
I think without the numpy support arrays are accessed through a very
slow list protocol. (I'm just guessing in the dark.)

I use pyOpenGL with great pleasure to display medical/microscopy
images on mutli-color, color-maps using 2d-textures.  It works very
fast.

Thanks,
Sebastian