[Numpy-discussion] additional thanks

Alan Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Fri Aug 24 17:50:12 EDT 2007

I know thanks have already been offered,
but I hope one more on the list will be acceptable.

I start classes next week, in Economics.
It is easy to discourage some of my students,
if the "getting started" part of new software is rough.
The new compatible NumPy and SciPy binaries are VERY HELPFUL!!!

Thanks!
Alan Isaac

PS Just a warning to others in my position:
students using VISTA are reporting install difficulties
for Python 2.5.1.  It sounds like a fix is to proceed as at
<URL:http://www.sephiroth.it/weblog/archives/2006/06/installing_python_msi_on_windo.php>
but as I do not have access to a VISTA machine I have not been able to test this.