[Numpy-discussion] maskedarray : new developer zone wiki page

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 10:32:07 EDT 2007

On Saturday 25 August 2007 15:48:00 Eric Firing wrote:
> I've made a couple of small "emergency" edits, but a separate page would
> make things much more visible and less confusing.

So here it is:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/MaskedArrayAlternative

Please note the section : Optimizing maskedarray. You'll find the quick
description of a test case (three implementations of divide) that emerged
from on off-list discussion with Eric Firing.
The problem can be formulated as "do we need to fill masked arrays before
processing or not ?". Eric is in favor of the second solution (prefilling
according to the domain mask),  while the more it goes, the more I'm leaning
towards the third one "bah, let numpy take care of that."

I would be very grateful if you could post your comments/ideas/suggestions
about the three implementations on that list. This is an issue I'd like to
solve ASAP.

Thanks a lot in advance
Pierre

PS: Sorry if I bumped this thread, I'm not sure on what list I sent it.
Cross-posting is bad...