[Numpy-discussion] Bug in resize method?

Timothy Hochberg tim.hochberg at ieee.org
Wed Aug 29 14:38:54 EDT 2007

On 8/29/07, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> I still don't see why the method is needed at all. Given the conditions on
> the array, the only thing it buys you over the resize function or a reshape
> is the automatic deletion of the old memory if new memory is allocated.

Can you explain this more? Both you and Anne seem to share the opinion that
the resize method is useless, while the resize function is useful. So, now
I'm worried I'm missing something since as far as I can tell the function is
useless and the method is only mostly useless.

> And the latter is easily done as a = reshape(a, new_shape). I know there
> was a push to make most things methods,

In general I think methods are easy to overdo, but I'm not on board for this
particular case.

but it is possible to overdo it. Is this a Numarray compatibility issue?

Dunno about that.

--
.  __
.   |-\