[Numpy-discussion] display numpy array as image (Giorgio F. Gilestro)

Hans Meine meine at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Sat Dec 1 12:49:04 EST 2007

On Freitag 30 November 2007, Joe Harrington wrote:
> I was misinformed about the status of numdisplay's pages.  The package
> is available as both part of stsci_python and independently, and its
> (up-to-date) home page is here:
>
> http://stsdas.stsci.edu/numdisplay/

I had a look at ds9/numdisplay, and as a summary, I found a nice viewer for
scalar images with colormap support, and x/y projections.

What I missed though is the display of RGB images.  It looks as if ds9 was
capable of doing so (I could add "frames" of RGB type), but I did not find a
way to feed them with data.  numdisplay.display(myarray) seems to only
support 2D-arrays.

Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.
    /  / ANS                                                  ooo