[Numpy-discussion] Loading a > GB file into array

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Mon Dec 3 01:27:23 EST 2007

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 05:22:49PM -0800, Martin Spacek wrote:
> so I run python (with Andrew Straw's
> package VisionEgg) as a "realtime" priority process in windows on a dual
> core computer, which lets me reliably update the video frame buffer in
> time for the next refresh, without having to worry about windows
> multitasking butting in and stealing CPU cycles for the next 15-20ms.

Very interesting. Have you made measurements to see how many times you
lost one of your cycles. I made these kind of measurements on Linux using
the real-time clock with C and it was very interesting (
http://www.gael-varoquaux.info/computers/real-time ). I want to redo them
with Python, as I except to have similar results with Python. It would be
interesting to see how Windows fits in the picture (I know nothing about
Windows, so I really can't make measurements on Windows).

Cheers,

Gaël