[Numpy-discussion] scipy.scons branch: building numpy and scipy with scons

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 10:55:05 EST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 11:23 PM, Matthieu Brucher <matthieu.brucher at gmail.com> wrote:

> > This is great stuff by the way, consider me a scons convert.
> >

> I'm already convinced for some time. Now, we just need an egg Builder :|
No we don't, since we are still using distutils: scons really just
handles compiled extensions, but everything else is still done by
distutils, hence can be handled by setuptools. I have not tested it,
but since I try to keep the interaction with numpy.distutils as
minimal as possible, it should be quick to fix any issues regarding
eggs, if any.

David