[Numpy-discussion] segfault with atlas3-sse2, works with atlas3-sse

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Thu Dec 20 11:32:06 EST 2007

> > when compiled on Debian, numpy segfaults when used with ATLAS sse2,
> > but works when used against ATLAS sse. More information here:
>
> What is the machine on which you are getting the segfault?  Is it

I don't know which machine the reporter of this bug in Debian uses, but I use
Intel Core Duo.

> possible you are trying to run SSE2 instructions on a machine without
> SSE2?

the /proc/cpuinfo says:

flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc
pni monitor est tm2 xtpr

so imho I do have SSE2.

Ondrej