[Numpy-discussion] matlab to numpy help

Alex alex.liberzon at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 18:00:14 EST 2007

if m = 5, then
Uns = ones(1,m) means 1x5 matrix(vector) of 1: [1 1 1 1 1]
Xijm(:,Uns) is called Tony's trick where you actually replicate the
Xijm (vector i guess) 5 times (according to the Uns.) e.g.
http://xtargets.com/snippets/posts/show/55
Matlab introduced repmat() function that does the job "explicitly",
using Tony's trick mostly.

Hope it helps,
Alex