[Numpy-discussion] discussion about array.resize() -- compare to numarray

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Mon Jan 8 13:37:03 EST 2007

Sebastian Haase wrote:

>On 1/8/07, Stefan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za> wrote:
>

>Hi Stéfan,
>
>Why is there a needed for this very confusing dualty !?
>I would almost like to file a bug report on this !
>
>(It definitily broke "backwards compatibility" for my code coming from
>numarray )

It's a remnant of trying to merge all the packages (done before the idea
to have separate compatibility layers emerged).

This one in particular is done because resize is used in this way at
least once in the library code and so has a permanance it otherwise
would not have enjoyed.

I'm not sure we can change it now.  At least not until 1.1

-Travis