[Numpy-discussion] svn numpy did not build on os x

Steve Lianoglou lists.steve at arachnedesign.net
Wed Jan 24 14:23:48 EST 2007

Hi,

>> I got gfortran from hpc.sourceforge.net.  I just now noticed that my
>> gcc is "experimental", I hope that isn't the issue.
>
> It probably is the issue.

One thing to note is that (at least when I d/l'd it), the hpc fortran
download also has inside it a version of gcc which it will dump into /
usr/local/bin.

You're normal/system-installed gcc is still in /usr/bin, however.

Maybe you need to do some command-line gymnastics to make sure you
pick up /usr/bin/gcc as opposed to the /usr/local/bin

Just a thought,
-steve