[Numpy-discussion] Requests for NumPy Ports?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 31 12:37:35 EST 2007

Travis Oliphant wrote:
> Most of these are probably the gtk-python extension which can use
> Numeric

This strikes me as an excellent argument for including an n-d array in
the Python standard lib.

I can't imagine gtk-python is doing a lot of scientific number crunching
-- it's probably using arrays as a handy and compact n-d data storage
and exchange format. It might be interesting to see how it's really
being used, and if the PEP would meet its needs.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov