[Numpy-discussion] Scipy release

John Reid j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Wed Jul 4 07:19:16 EDT 2007

David Cournapeau wrote:
> John Reid wrote:
>> Ok I'll try that although I guess that it turns off all warnings. that
>> I'm concerned as well that scipy's release cycle isn't as quick as it
>> could be.
>>
> Well, quite the contrary, it is as quick as it can be. If you think it
> is too slow, don't hesitate to help :)

Well I don't really want to get into an argument about the definition of
  'quick as it can be'.

I'm just trying to say that when people try the latest stable versions
of 2 libraries that are closely coupled, they can be put off by warnings
that appear out of the box. I'm pretty sure these warnings aren't
important but seeing as I don't work on the internals of the libraries I
don't know for sure. It looks like something that a quicker release
schedule would fix and improve confidence amongst novice users of scipy.

That said I'm not the one building the releases, I was just curious how
the releases are managed and whether people who work on scipy are aware
of this. Probably most scipy developers aren't using the 0.5.2 version
with these warnings.

John.