[Numpy-discussion] getting numPy happening for sciPy

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jul 26 21:34:47 EDT 2007

Robert Kern wrote:
> David Cournapeau wrote:
>

>> I am willing to volunteer for the scipy part: I have quite extensive
>> experience with building on linux now, and I can now build on windows
>> without too much difficulties (I mean hardware-wise).
>>
>> Concerning the release date: it basically means giving enough time to
>> solve the current bugs, right ?
>>

> There are too many. Build bugs should be fixed and anything that impairs the
> functioning of whole packages. Incorporating patches already submitted would be
> the next priority. Fixing isolated little bugs can be pushed back.

I thought that releasing something before the end of summer would be a
good release date: a new release is available before the beginning of
the new "university" year. Would you agree on a date like end of august
? (if I become the release manager, this is also more compatible with my
schedule).

For the bugs, I was not talking about all the bugs in trac, but the ones
in 0.5.3 milestone (10-11 bugs, I think).

David