[Numpy-discussion] Installing Numpy on Python 2.3 Windows

Amir Hirsch amirh at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 25 16:45:42 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to install the Numpy package on Python 2.3 running under Windows.

I downloaded numpy-1.0.3.win32-py2.3.exe and ran it, and it complains that
"Python version 2.3 required, which was not found in the registry"

The Python 2.3 installation I am using came with OpenOffice.org 2.2 and it must
not have registered python with Windows.  I require PyUNO and Numpy (and
PyOpenGL and Ctypes) to work together for the application I am developing and
PyUno seems only to work with the OOo distribution of Python 2.3.

I have gotten this all to work in multiple Linux environments (after much pain)
with a script that installs all the necessary libraries from source, which will
not work in the Windows environment.

I'm not familiar with Windows, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Amir