[Numpy-discussion] VMWare Virtual Appliance of Ubuntu with numpy, scipy, matplotlib, and ipython available

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Mon Jun 11 06:43:35 EDT 2007

Alex schrieb:
> I run VMWare Player and it works fine - easy to setup and easy to
> setup a Matlab replacement. I only wonder how to transfer files
> between the Windows XP and the Ubuntu VM?

Apart from using usb sticks (AFAIK VMware still has issues with usb 2.0
though) I think the experts usually call a samba or ftp server on the
linux side the cleanest solution. The ultimate thing in terms of user
friendliness would be if the numpy virtual appliance already had that
pre-configured!

And now let the experts step forward to announce better and easier
solutions...

-sven