[Numpy-discussion] VMWare Virtual Appliance of Ubuntu with numpy, scipy, matplotlib, and ipython available

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:07:14 EDT 2007

I was able to share some folders in Windows and then browse to those
shared folders from the VMware guest Ubuntu OS.  I think there is some
default samba stuff already running looking for shared folders.  I
think I had to set something in the VMware player to say that I
trusted the guest OS to allow it to modified my files.  It was pretty
straight forward (but I am not sitting in front of that computer right
now and it isn't booted in Windows right now either, so I can't check
the exact details).

Ryan